I like to think of going around the world savoring dishes that are completely different from those ones Italian. Today I will talk about “stir-fry” that it’s a typical Chinese cooking technique. What do you have to do? Cook over high heat and mix often. You can use vegetables and meat that you like very much.I want to give you some tips:
- Cut the vegetables in the same way and in the same size. In this way the cooking times will be the same.
- First sauté the meat at high heat, so you can seal the juices inside the same meat.
- Don’t cook more than 200 grams of meat at a time
- If the vegetables you want to use have different cooking times, cook them separately.
- The flame must be high and the wok must be very hot before you sautè the meat and the vegetables in the pan
- Use a vegetable oil (such as peanuts oil).
- You can use fish sauce or oyster sauce to flavor the dish.
You can listen to the Italian recipe, told by me at Cafè Bleu, the radio Bistrot of RBE.
- 200 grams mung bean noodles
- 400 grams carrots
- 100 grams spring onions
- 400 grams chicken breast
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 small fresh chili peppers
- Soy sauce to taste
- Grated ginger to taste
- 6 tablespoons of peanut oil
- Fish sauce to taste
- White sesame seeds
Peel and wash the carrots and the onions. Cut them into julienne strips. Set aside. Cut the garlic and the chili pepper into small pieces. Heat the wok over high heat for about 1 minute. Cut the chicken breast into strips. Pour 3 tablespoons of oil and then sauté the chicken for about two minutes. Remove from heat and set aside. Pour the remaining oil, add the garlic, the chili peppers and the ginger in the same wok. After a few moments, add the spring onions and the carrots and cook over high heat. Stir constantly. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Season with sauces and after add the chicken and cook for another 2-3 minutes, stir again. Bring to the boil the water while the vegetables are cooking. Place the noodles inside a bowl and pour over the hot water. Let them stand for the time indicated on the package. Drain and place the noodles inside the special oriental style cups. When the vegetables and chicken will be ready, remove from heat and make four servings. Garnish with sesame seeds.